So that's what I need to do - clean house. It's time to start a new approach to work and step one is to toss out the old dive in mentality.
In my research, I learned quite quickly that I am not the only aspiring coder who feels this way. As another intrepid souls has said:
I'm beginning to feel that my working/coding habits are more haphazard and cumbersome than they should be -- sometimes I find myself tripping over my own shoelaces. "Where did I make that change? Where did I see that function? Oh, should I just scroll until I find it?" I've realized that if I'm going to continue in this line of work, I need to develop some better habits and strategies.
So to that end, here are my favorite 8 readings on the 2, 4, 5, 5,7,10,10 and 10 work habits for good coders:
- A couple of tips for beginning programmers
- (4) Collaboration Tips for Designers Working with Developers
- 5 habits that will make you a better software developer
- 5 Good Habits That Will Make You a Better Coder
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Programmers
- (10) Habits That Programmers Should Adopt
- 10 programming habits that should be more common
- 10 Programming Habits Developers Should Adopt